Responsible for building strategic partnerships with national charitable and corporate organisations to raise the profile and membership of RIBI. These included:
- Children in Need – managing a relationship between the national organisation and the hundreds of Rotary clubs across the UK, encouraging the clubs to add Children in Need to their already packed fundraising programme.
- The Diana Awards – Joint partnership due to the obvious correlation between Diana Award’s mission to inspire positive change in the lives of young people and RIBI’s young people’s schemes including:
- Rotaract and Interact clubs
- Youth awards – Rotary Young Chef, Rotary Young Citizen, Rotary Youth Speaks and Rotary Young Musician
- Big Lunch – Formed a partnership which saw scores of clubs support the initiative and organise communal street lunches, recognising a shared concept of strengthening communities by bringing people together.
- NCS and the Big Society – had started negotiations for RIBI to support the voluntary personal and social development programme for 16–17 year olds and encourage clubs to promote it to the young people in their community.
Main responsibilities within the role included
- Co-ordinating national campaigns
- Close interaction with outside marketing agencies
- Website copy and development
- Developing working strategies
- Reporting on project progress
- Utilising all available communication avenues including print, digital and social media
- Identifying and producing effective marketing tools
- Writing news articles and case studies.
- Lowest price valtrex